To those wishing to receive lime, the following procedure will be used:
1. Anyone wishing to receive lime must contact Shannon Meyer (701-671-1339) or Danyell Mund (701-671-1321) to make arrangements to purchase RFID cards for each vehicle they are going to be hauling lime with. Their office hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM. The RFID card will allow those vehicles to enter Minn-Dak property through normally closed gates. The cost of each RFID card is $60. That charge will be refunded when the card is returned at the end of the season. Lost cards are the responsibility of the Patron and can only be replaced at their expense. If you lose a RFID card, please notify Shannon or Danyell immediately so the card can be disabled.
2. The RFID card identifies each user and the number of times their truck passes through the gate for lime pickup. During peak traffic times the gates may remain open, the card reader will still identify each Patron as it passes through.
3. The number of times through the gate will be equal to the loads of lime they receive in any one day.
4. The user will be invoiced a loading fee of $50.00 per load.
5. Once through the gate the trucks must proceed to the lime loading area to be loaded.
6. If a user wishes to scale in and out they may still do so, but the $50.00 loading fee will apply to all loads.
7. It is the user’s responsibility to make sure all loads are secure. No material is allowed to leak or spill during transportation. (Solid Waste regulations Minn. R. 7035.0800, subp. 3 Collection and Transport of Solid Waste, Spills)
Lime Pick Up: To obtain lime, one must fill out an agricultural lime procurement form (ALP), which can be obtained by contacting Danyell Mund (701) 671-1321 or Shannon Meyer (701-671-1339).
This form, along with MDFC's current agricultural liming material label and a typical nutrient/trace element analysis, will be sent back. Once the ALP form has been filled out and returned, a Patron with an RFID Card can pick up the lime. The ALP form is kept on file so if a MDFC Patron has picked up lime in previous years it is not necessary to fill out another form.
Hours of operation for loading are sent via text. Information on signing up is listed below.
Lime Load Out Messaging
Growers who wish to receive information for lime load out can now sign up for text messaging and/email notification. To do so you will need to provide:
10 digit cell number
Growers can sign themselves up the same way one signs themselves up for the regular text messaging. Please select the “lime” box or the simplest option may be to have Shannon Meyer (701-671-1339) or Danyell Mund (701-671-1321) do it for you. Their office hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Lime Longevity Update (updated 3/24/2015)
The reduction in our lime piles over the past few years has been quite a success story. In fact it has been such a success that growers are becoming concerned about us running out. Stories are now circulating on how many years it will be before it is all gone. Actually it will never be all gone since we produce 125,000 tons per year.
Recently the existing lime pile was surveyed. There are 1,300,000 tons of lime remaining. Growers haul out about 275,000 tons a year. That makes for an five year life on existing lime. However in those five years we will produce another 625,000 tons or two years worth of lime (about 125,000 tons per year). That calculates to about seven years worth of product as things stand today.