This page is dedicated for employees of Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative.
Log into your company email account through Office 365.
Access the Kronos Employee Portal
Control System Engineer
This position designs, writes, installs, and maintains industrial control software, programs industrial control systems, and assists in installing and maintaining associated hardware.
Principal Working Relationships
• Supervisor: Electrical & Controls Supervisor.
• Others: Instrumentation Supervisor, Electrical Supervisor, Instrument Technicians, Electricians, Operations Management, Operations personnel, Engineering.
Essential Job Duties
• Install, write, debug, document, review, and modify software for personal computers, programmable logic controllers, networks, and operator and instrument interfaces and their related equipment (HMI, SCADA).
• Install, program, troubleshoot, repair, and replace industrial computer hardware and software.
• Troubleshooting of control systems and networks.
• Identify areas of improvement and add to the team environment.
• Work with Process Engineers to develop and implement control schemes.
• Research new technologies and implement them into control system.
• Communicate with factory management and operations personnel to determine how control system should operate and then show management and operations personnel how to operate what have been programmed.
• Write process documentation and operation description based on existing and new PLC programs used.
• Assure that all work areas are kept clean within the food safety, feed safety, and sanitation guidelines.
• Complete reports as required.
• Develop the process, electrical, instrumentation, and programming skills of self and others through training.
• Use people, time, equipment, and material in the most efficient manner.
• Report mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, environmental, food safety, feed safety, and operational problems, and unsafe conditions to supervisor.
• Other duties as required by the business.
• Adhere to all company policies and all safety, food safety, feed safety, and sanitation rules and programs
• Four-year degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering desired or similar. Two-year degree or diploma in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems, or two-year degree or diploma with experience as Instrument Technician or Electrician, or equivalent work experience required.
• Experience with personal computer, computer networks, human machine interface, and programmable logic controller or distributed controls.
• Leadership and judgment qualities required.
• Process related experience and basic sugar processing knowledge desired.
• Should be motivated, willing, enthusiastic, and promotable.
• Good attendance, safety, disciplinary, and overall employment records.
• Ability to communicate and work cohesively with others.
• Basic knowledge of instrumentation and electrical controls.
• Working knowledge in the following:
• Understanding programming concepts
• Basic PC programming
• Personal Computer hardware and software
• Programmable Logic Controller hardware, software, and programming (Schneider preferred)
• PID controllers
• 4-20mA control loops
• Fieldbuses (Modbus, Ethernet/IP, etc)
• Human Machine Interface hardware, software, and programming (GE iFIX preferred)
• Reading schematics and symbols (P&ID, IO, electrical, instrumentation, loop drawings)
• Electrical/electronic theory
• Electrical/electronic measuring instruments
• Basic measurement instrumentation and calibration
• Organized with excellent time management skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
Physical Demands and Expectations
• Able to stand or walk on concrete floors for an entire eight hour shift if necessary
• Able to bend and lift – 20 to 100 pounds
• Able to climb stairs
All interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to provide a resume, and cover letter. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative
Attn: Zane ● 7525 Red River Road ● Wahpeton, ND 58075
2022-2023 Shift Schedules