Sweetening Life in the Red River Valley Since 1974
CO-OP MONTH FUN FACTS
- Minnesota was the first state to declare an official Co-op Month proclamation in 1948.
- Co-op Month has been a nationally recognized celebration since 1964, when U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Orville Freeman, a former Minnesota governor, proclaimed October Co-op Month.
- The first national theme in 1964 was “Cooperatives: USDA Helps Build a Better America.”
- The U.S. Government sponsored Co-op Month from 1964-70.
- Since 1971, cooperatives, statewide associations, and the National Cooperative Business Association have fueled their own events and promotions.
Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative Videos
Many thanks to Video Arts Studios, Fargo ND!
Strengthening Our Foundation 2018 Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative
MDFC Plant Tour
From Beet to Sweet
Many Thanks to AgWeek TV along with Shawna Olson and Trevor Peterson!